Spain And Greece Trip

Blog during the course of my trip to Spain and Greece in April 2006.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Trip to San Francisco

Made a trip to San Francisco on a very rainy day to the Spain Consulate. Consulates try to be very friendly to visitors, to give a favorable impression to tourists. Yet, they are often understaffed, as in this case, only one officer was assigned for Visa related work.

This lady was friendly, and familiarized me with all the paperwork. Luckily there was a copier shop across the street, and I could get some of the documents copied. Then, a long wait before she could attend to me. My chance came at close to 1, after a 2 hr wait. Visa requires excessive amount of paperwork these days, and some were missing. I need to send them an official letter from my insurance company stating that I am covered for health insurance worldwide, hotel reservations, complete flight itinery, and the latest bank statement. Lot of paperwork indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home