Spain And Greece Trip

Blog during the course of my trip to Spain and Greece in April 2006.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Dinner at Scholiarhio

Must narrate this amazing dinner that I had. Went to this place that serves authentic Greek Food and was recommended by my travel guide. Actually landed up here by accident, because I was looking for another one, and that was shut down.

Well here, the waiter comes to you with a plate of 20 dishes, and asks you to choose amongst them. I chose three, chicken and rice rolls, a seafood dish, and sausages. Now the waiter poured some olive oil on the sausages and set them on fire. The saugages burnt in front of me for 10 minutes.

And the food tasted really good. Thereafter, I would strongly recommend anyone visiting Greece to have dinner here. The food, the ambience, and the service is great, and it is very cheap.

Before dinner, I had a nice evening stroll around the Temple of Olympian Zeus, and then on to Syntagma square where I witnessed a small guard ceremony outside the house of the Greek Parliament building. From there on to the Ermou, the shopping street of Athens, and around the Plaka area till I reached the restaurant. These areas are very nice for walking and have very lively shops.

Athens is the first European city where I have seen street dogs and stray cats. My travel guide mentions that there are about 150,000 stray dogs in the Athens metro area. It also mentions that every one of them has been tagged and sterilized, and they don’t bite. Although sometimes they bark at each other and in groups, and I am not too comfortable with that.

Tomorrow morning, I go to one museum, I have decided to go to the Benaki Musuem. And then I begin my long journey back home. The flight is at 3:50 pm. Interestingly, of the 3 other people in my room today, one guy was at the IPDPS conference in Rhodes, and one girl is traveling in the same flight as me to Geneva. Some coincidence.

1 Comments:

Blogger webhands said...


Wow! Its great pics about Greece.Its great destination of going abroad to visit with family, friends.Its awesome place for fun.Thanks to shows pics of greece.
travel guide to Greece

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home