Spain And Greece Trip

Blog during the course of my trip to Spain and Greece in April 2006.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Greek Hospitality

I believe half the flight from Athens to Rhodes were people travelling to IPDPS. Met Avery at Atnes airport, knew him from my internship at Los Alamos last summer.

The taxi ride from the the Rhodes airport to Ixia reminded me of coastal India. The street was narrow and dimly lit, the taxi driver was driving erratically. Strong resemblence with Trivandrum in South India.

The hotel greeting was very nice and comfortable, and later I had an excellent dinner with the waiter receiving me very well. This island I believe lives solely on tourism, and I think they do a remarkable job of selling themselves to the tourists. Very friendly and congenial atmosphere. I think many places, particularly in India, can learn from the people over here how to sell tourism and become rich and developed from it.

Todays day was at the conference venue. Internet at the conference was very bad, so am blogging from my hotel at nite. Had a nice lunch at a restaurant facing the beach with Avery, Rishi, Pavan... We have booked a group tour on Friday was going south and a drive through teh island, it was very nominal, 30 euros only including the costs of entering the musuems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home