Spain And Greece Trip

Blog during the course of my trip to Spain and Greece in April 2006.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Hotel in Barcelona

Had a difficult time finding an hotel here in the evening. The airport tourist information was not very useful in finding a hotel, so I came to the city centre. Then I tried at least 4 hotels before I found an available room in one. Turned out that I had forgotten that tommorrow is May Day, a holiday and therefore this weekend is a long weekend here. Reserving hotels in advance is always good, just that you loose the flexibility and do not know where it is located. I took a chance just because I was familiar with the city, where the hotels are, and was sure I would find one hotel or another.

This hotel is very good, and above all has free internet access. Wish I had stayed here instead of Hotel Prisma. This has easy access to the metro station too, it is near the Espanya square, and I can catch the airport bus nearby.

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Hello Amitabha,

You are right booking in advance is really important especially for the cities like Barcelona. I was more lucky than you I guess because I could find one of the good Barcelona hotels at Las Ramblas street. It did not have an internet connection but it was really cheap and it was really clean as I remember.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Claire,

Thanks for reading the blog. It is really run to read comments from fellow travelers and it inspires me to write. So thanks.

/Amitabha

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home